The Delivery of AWAKE Safeguarding Communities:
The AWAKE Safeguarding Community program can be delivered through a range of activities designed to inform, encourage, and create safe spaces for protective and safeguarding conversations.
- Introduction to what is an AWAKE Safeguarding Community, for the participant group
(20 minutes during usual meeting time.)
- One day workshop covering the core Protective Behaviours course, with AWAKE principles explained as effective tools to support these skills in everyday life.
(8 hours of content, may be delivered as one day, or in two part days if required)
- Eight-week course, conducted in small groups, providing in-depth explanation and discussion of each of the topics covered in the one day workshop.
(8 weeks x 2 hours, small groups enable deeper discussion and development of AWAKE as a daily practice)
- Review of organisational practices with Executive members to explain how to implement safeguarding strategies across every aspect of the organisation and community engagements. This includes an Audit Tool for being a safe organisation, which can be used by the leadership and Executive members when considering collaboration and engagement with other organisations
(2 hours minimum)
- Promotion of the organisation as an AWAKE Safeguarding Community, and
- Raising awareness within the wider community of the need for these key skills and organizational practices.
(Repeat One day workshop with wider invitation to other community organisations and general community members)
Protective Behaviours and Safeguarding Communities have foundational topics that must be covered.
- Everyone has the right to feel safe all of the time.
- Feelings and Emotional Intelligence
- Early Warning Signs and The Safety Continuum
- Nothing is so awful that we can’t talk with someone about it
- My helping hand
- My body and my private parts
- Social Distance
- It’s OK to Say NO
- Being a safeguarding community: everyone needs to know how to be a safe person for themselves and others
The difference that AWAKE Safeguarding Communities offers is: this program has been designed to be delivered to children, parents and small groups and is open to all members of the community.
The language and skills are important for everyone to learn to be safe individuals, and as active participants in the wider community.
KiS4Life will provide separate workbooks, relevant to each aspect of the program and specific to The Billabong Community, that are suitable for individual use.
or Phone Chris on Mobile: 0410 369 518